Home » Real Estate

Real Estate

Toronto home prices decline for third straight month as rates rise

Bloomberg Toronto home prices fell for the third straight month, as rising interest rates spur an abrupt reversal in a city recently at the heart of one of the world’s hottest housing markets. The average selling price for a home in Canada’s largest city fell 3.1% in May to about $939,000 on a seasonally-adjusted basis, according to data from the ...

Read More »

UK housing market is starting to slow: BOE

  Bloomberg Bank of England (BOE) Deputy Governor Jon Cunliffe said the UK housing market is starting to slow and will be dragged down by rising interest rates and easing economic growth. “We see evidence of a slowdown,” Cunliffe said in an interview on ITV News. “There are some straws in the wind that show the market is starting to ...

Read More »

Dubai reports AED8.7bn in week-long realty deals

  Dubai / WAM Dubai has recorded 2,884 real estate and properties transactions at the value of AED8.7 billion in total during the week ending May 27, according to Dubai Land Department (DLD). The DLD weekly report said that 297 plots were sold for AED1.59 billion, as well as 2,116 apartments and villas for AED4.75 billion. The top three land ...

Read More »

UAE’s real real strength is in its developmental model

  Dubai / WAM His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Chairman of Dubai Executive Council and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Dubai Future Foundation (DFF), has announced that Dubai will host the Dubai Future Forum on October 10-11, at the Museum of the Future. The forum will convene 400 ...

Read More »

Dubai sees AED7.2b in week-long realty deals

  Dubai / WAM A total of 2,043 real estate transactions worth AED7.2 billion were conducted during the week ending May 20, according to figures released by the Dubai Land Department. A total of 228 plots were sold for AED1.14 billion, 1,328 apartments and villas were sold for AED3.58 billion. The top three transactions were a land in Hadaeq Sheikh ...

Read More »

Inflation storm to cost average UK household $2,900 this year

  Bloomberg Surging inflation will pile £2,370 ($2,900) on to the bills of the average UK household this year, according to a new study, raising fresh pressure on the Bank of England (BOE) and government to step up their response to the cost of living crunch. With wages falling behind price gains and the government raising taxes, the report from ...

Read More »

UK housing market outlook dims on increase in borrowing costs

Bloomberg The UK housing market is braced for headwinds as rising borrowing costs add to the cost-of-living crisis stretching the affordability for property buyers. Mortgage lenders are following the Bank of England (BOE) by raising interest rates from historic lows. That’s making it more expensive to own a home at a time when prices of everything from energy to clothes ...

Read More »

Dubai reports AED6.6bn in week-long realty deals

  DUBAI / WAM The Dubai real estate and properties transactions valued at AED6.6 billion in total during the week ending April 29. The sum of transactions was 2,259. 197 plots were sold for AED1.15 billion, 1,628 apartments and villas were sold for AED3.52 billion. The top three transactions were a land in Business Bay sold for AED72.24 million, followed ...

Read More »

Aldar Investment launches logistics real estate vertical

  Abu Dhabi / WAM Aldar Investment has completed the acquisition of a 70 percent equity interest in Abu Dhabi Business Hub, valuing the company at more than AED500 million, with the remaining 30 percent owned by a strategic partner. The acquisition marks the creation of Aldar Logistics, the company’s new logistics real estate vertical, which will focus primarily on ...

Read More »

Sales of US previously owned homes fall to lowest since 2020

  Bloomberg Sales of previously owned US homes fall in March to the lowest since June 2020 as historically low inventory paired with rising mortgage rates curbed purchases. Contract closings decreased 2.7% in March from the prior month to an annualised 5.77 million, figures from the National Association of Realtors showed. The figure was in line with estimates in a ...

Read More »
Send this to a friend